Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Abort Mission!

I took out my portable respirator
I said, I'll build my own incubator
I will bare my own little terminators
They will never know my true identity
They will obtain manufactured memories

Blasphemy , blasphemy, I'm waiting for your acrimony
I didn't date anyone, I owe no alimony
The moment ripens to replace old body parts
New blood is required to expand baboon hearts
Suddenly, I feel like climbing a pine tree

My box is inside out and ready to jack
Do not be intimidated by the looming stacks
After another of our contentious fights
I'd erase myself to break away from this years cage
Form wings of honey glazed cynicism, then take flight

I will draw myself into steel plated garbage pails
Inside, I can hide from infants persistent wails
I'll kill your god if you'll kill mine
Who cares if I found a cure for the disintegrating spine
I will pray to oblivion by candlelight without fail

I do not even claim to exist right now
Has your microchip brain shut down howling holy cow!
Give me a vanilla milkshake I will crow
Because I am an invisible man I won't take a bow
I'll just sneak out through your bedroom window...

When will I get to sew on my new digital skin
I've been lost for seconds in email's perpetual trash bin
Why haven't those fatso's on Roosevelt Avenue eaten me yet?
I pointed at one scurrying away with my business card
In the city, its not kosher to blink an eye, cry or fret

You simply curse your comically drastic luck
Also, pretend like you don't give a fuck
You'll go have a cappucino in an Astoria cafe
Waiting for your atoms to travel to your next day's fray
When you wake on Steinway street in a pool of drool
you feel like a schmuck...

One day my essence was absorbed by a paper towel
I lashed out, clawing like a despondent fowl...

Micah Zevin 2007

What missions would you have aborted?
Send me your poems, complaints and diatribes...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha im fresh on here. I stumbled upon this board I have found It very accommodating and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute and aid others like it has helped me.

Thanks a load, See You Later.