Thursday, November 10, 2011

Projections or Projectiles....Occupied...my blog reborn one year later...

Projections or projectiles…? (Occupied)

Am I free? I’m not free. What’s free mean anyway?
Putting your snout in the trough with the other
assembled pigs at feeding time until the whistle
blows and it is time to go. Sitting on the couch
in a trance, watch DVR programs and cablevision
while the debt mounts and the bills go unpaid.
Nothing is free in this world excerpt or not even
your anguish at foreclosing, being homeless,
forget about not even accomplishing your goals,
living up to the standards of your parents, your wife,
your children yet to be born. Do I have time to be
forlorn when I can’t get what I need and feed the
blood of my fortune beholden to your expectations,
your disappointments, your apparitions?

by Micah Zevin November 2011....folks

My blog Reborn ha ha ha ha lol! read on if you dare....

3 comments:

Judith Baumel said...

Welcome back, Micah!

Anonymous said...

Micha I loved that poem, it was simply written yet deeply philosophica.

1 said...

I see you're going with prose poems these days. Very enjoyable read - the languages seems very deliberate - and glad you're blogging again!